*freaks out* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I'm back from Girls' State! For those of you who don't know what that is, let me explain...
Basically, each highschool chooses a girl from the Junior class, her local chapter of the American Legion Auxiliary (or some other organization with money) sponsors her, and she gets shipped off to Lincoln, Nebraska for a weeklong governmental experience.
You have the option to run for City, County and State positions... I ran for Governor, but didn't make it past primaries (the part of the election where you can only vote for the candidate from your party. Ie. GOP/GOP, Dem/Dem, Green/Green, etc.)
I then sat around for the next two days and pretty much twiddled my thumbs. That's OK, it gave me more time to consider the possibility of going to Girls' Nation (it's the same program, only for National Offices). I decided that getting to know the staff and officers of OUR program would be a good idea... I can be very charming when I want to be. Especially since it's
only ever a facade with my
mother. (Don't tell HER I said that. o_O )
ANYWAY, like I said, I pretty much twiddled my thumbs, asked questions of the guest speakers (to get my name out and develop a reputation as a 'smart person) and talked to the counselors and staff. On Wednesday, I got my appointive office (If you don't make it in your race, you get your choice of three appointive offices, sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't). I *drumroll please...*
Was made a justice on the Supreme Court of Nebraska!!!!!!! AIEE! I really think that it had to do with a comment I made during a party convention (aka - All the members of the (fake) Federalist party got together and decided what they wanted to make happen when they got people in office). We were discussing a statewide ban on public smoking... I said that it is not the role of the government to dictate how a private business is to be run. "It's against the constitution to interfere in business" was the basic jist of it. "The less control government has over the private business owner, the better."
Etc.
I thought that it was awesome. No one understood me and a prissy, little pain-in-the-*ahem* got up right after me and said, "Is it against the constitution to kill off Amercan citizens?" *growls dangerously*
On a lighter note, I feel much more confident in my abilities. I was MORE than capable enough to hold my own in the midst of 400 of the *brightest?* young, female minds in the state of Nebraska.
Finally, *fidgets with happiness* I was nominated (out of 40 or so girls) to go to the top 10, to be interviewed by a panel of judges, to ascertain if I was 'good enough' (not an exact quote, but that was the idea) to represent Nebraska at Girls' Nation...
Guess what...?
No. I'm not a Girls' Nation Senator...
BUT, I am an alternate! Out of 400 girls, I was one of four to be chosen! *FREAKS OUT* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
OK. I"m better now... LoLoL - I'm just REALLY excited.
So. OH!
I've changed the setting on by blog, so anyone can leave a message. Careful, the instant I get a SPAM, I'm going to change it back. Send me an e-mail so I can add you to my 'member' list. :D
Here's a shout out to my favorite girls from Girls' State! I love you all! Go Teddy bears!!!Sabrina, You're one of the coolest people I've ever met. Give me a buzz.Alaina... We really SHOULD go out and see a movie sometime. ;)Elizabeth! I dare to hope that I'll be able to see you this summer. I would like nothing better!Shizuka. ^_^ I love IMing you. I still think that my favorite smiley is the dancing one. *grin*
~Alaina~
(thanks for the comment, Onionboy! LoL)
hmmm....I'll think about that....
JK, I would LOVE to stop by and see you, Mari!!