Hmmm. It's been just a little while since my last post.... *blush*
A lot has happened since my last post. I think I mentioned to people in passing that I was not accepted to the music ministry, Living Proof. I was rather disappointed, but I've mostly recovered. Since that revelation, I have decided to go to Canada. Go figure.
I'm in Canada right now, helping to counsel and clean and cook at a Christian camp. I've mostly been cleaning, drying and putting away dishes, so it's not an overly glamorous job... It's lots of fun, though. I really enjoy serving in practical ways. I counseled a cabin of thirteen (13!) girls a week ago. It was a very different experience for me. I live with small children, but most of them are male... working with a whole cabin full of little girls was a bit of a stretch for me. It was a rewarding experience though. I was very pleased to be privileged to lead one of my girls to Christ for the very first time in my life! Praise the Lord! He is so good...
Here at camp we have devotions in the evening and we've been watching John Piper videos. They are extremely challenging and deep. It's good to get some real teaching. My church has been a little lacking on that in the recent past. I LOVE the way that John Piper approaches things. What do I need in my life? Where does it say that I need it? Why is it really significant, not to me, but to God?
o_O Wow.
I'm going to be counseling again this week... all girls' week. Oh. boy.
The week should go better than my first week. My co-counselor was often AWOL. I have a very good partner this week. I really think that we'll be a good team. I'm looking forward to it.
Well, I'm running out of time on the library computer, so I'll say I love you all. Please don't be strange...-er
Don't be a stranger.... >:)
With massive amounts of affection- Me.
Labels: camp counselor, Camp of the Woods, Canada, Living Proof
*huggles Ui* You've only been gone for a few hours, but I miss you already :-(