The Asylum
...Musings amid the chaos...
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Interjection...
Dear Posqual*,
I would sincerely appreciate a more concerted effort on your part to NOT break down less than a week after repairs have been made to you. Both my stress-level and bank account would highly appreciate it.
Yours truly, etc.,
Me


So, I bought a car maybe nine months ago. It's a decent little car. Runs (more or less) like a champ and has a very mellow personality. ((Yes, I just said that a machine has personality. Don't judge me badly.)) He's a trooper. But- he has a tendency to just kinda fall apart.
My mom found this car for me through a home-school e-mail tree that she subscribes to. ((Let this be a lesson to you, DON'T buy used cars from home-school family's relatives!)) Please keep in mind that this was ONE WEEK after breaking my foot in a kickboxing accident. Went and saw the car. Cheap. Cute. Worked well enough. Ok, sold. -$800.
About four months after purchasing my lovely little vehicle, I was run off the road by a -phrase deleted- in a red truck. Surprisingly my car didn't really need much beyond an alignment. Unfortunately, the bumpers both fell off. The rear bumper was already coming off and then the front bumper ended up with a mouthful of loamy embankment. -$1300
Now, I knew when I got him that the windows didn't work. The chassis in every door except the driver's side is broken. I sort of intend to replace them someday maybe. I was driving to a formal college event in a fluffy blue princess dress (sporting a walking cast on my right foot), and the window randomly (and loudly) fell into the door. After my adrenaline rush subsided, I decided to put a good face on it. After all, I like fresh air, right? Oh, no. Driving home that chilly spring night with nothing on my shoulders was an exercise in "counting it all joy."
So after driving around with a trash bag over the window, I took it into my mechanics and they put a piece of wood into the offending door to keep the window from falling again. Yay! -$250
This week, I took it in for some repairs to the brakes and ball bearings and muffler and a couple other small things. Huzzah. The car is quieter, the brakes are more responsive, and the other small things have been fixed. -$780
Today, the glass in the previously offending window fell again. As Confucius says: FML. -$???
*Posqual is the name of my car. He's a delightful little piece of shite with a quiet, artsy personality (which is why POSqual is spelled the way it is).

Labels: , ,