The Asylum
...Musings amid the chaos...
Thursday, September 15, 2005
Just about the worst week ever...
It's really been difficult for me recently. I've been under heavy spiritual attack and depressed more than I care to admit.

Mom and I are going to take a trip to Louisiana. We're leaving tomorrow morning at 7 a.m. to meet people in Des Moines, IA. The idea was to get my mind off of my own self-pity and focusing more on reaching out to others. I pray that my attitude will be appropriate to the occassion. Please, God, let there be a place where I can do something and bring glory to ONLY You!!! Nervous

I was a bad Mari, especially Tuesday. I got home from running around all day and pretty much told my mom off. I'm not proud of that. I said something to the essence of "I'm not going to do what you asked me to. JUST because you asked me to."
She was very gracious and aware that I was being very reactionary. We had a conversation after I had cooled down and figured out that I was being a moron and Dad joined us. It helped alot.

I woke up yesterday and was mostly able to do everything I needed to do. It was great. I was doing very well and every hour saw an improvement.

Today was even better than yesterday. I was a little slow getting out of bed, but I met my goals and did fabulously at school... Until some jerk left his seat saying, "I can't sit by a person who talks." I was sorely tempted to give him the finger and say something less than kosher (an indication of my still sour disposition), but I DID restrain myself. A friend of mine did it instead. Brows

I know I shouldn't be happy about that, but it's like my friends telling me that if anyone touches me inappropriately, they'll kill them. It's not a good thing to say (or do) but the motivation behind the expression is what means a lot to me.

I love my friends. I'm sorry I doubt you. I shouldn't. You don't really give me any reasons to. Not too often, anyway. LoL

Thanks, God, for the friends you've given me. I'm sorry that I often forget to be grateful and that I second guess Your love for me.
2 Comments:
Blogger Abrea said...
*huggles Ui-mellon*
Im mel le, Ui-vana-squishy-eledhwen-mellonin. *places extra emphasis on the 'ui' part*

Anonymous Anonymous said...
dude, squishy. this is cool. sorry about your bad week. have a great one though. =)

-----kitty.