
*chuckles* This is a picture of Katie and Hope. They both went to Classics and Drama, as I did. I honestly have to admit that I didn't get to know Hope that well, but Katie was a constant companion through my weeks at Patrick Henry College. *does happy dance* Oh! and that guy in the background... I think that's Alex. At least- it looks like his hat. ^_^

Ok. I know this picture is hard to see, but this is me, Evan and- and- *smacks forehead* I blooming can't remember "Fabian's" real name! *blushes crimson* NOT COOL!
Oh, well. *roll eyes* That's typical Mari for ya'.
Ok. We did scene selections from Shakespeare's
The Twelfth Night. Good times. good times.
The plot is basically this: A brother and sister get shipwrecked and each think that the other has drowned. The sister washes up on a foreign shore and becomes employed (in the guise of a man) by a duke who loves a lady named Olivia. Olivia falls in love with the sister, Viola. Olivia has an uncle; Sir Toby Belch. Me.
Olivia is also loved by a man named Sir Andrew Aguecheek. Evan. Sir Toby and Sir Andrew have a sidekick; Fabian. *blushes again*
In our skit, we took the part where Andrew has gotten mad at 'Viola/Sebastian' because Olivia fell in love with her/him. It's my job in our scene to get them to duel, in a very comical fashion. I convince one that the other is a horrid challenge and that there's nothing to do but fight and take whatever blows are delt like a man. I think I did a reasonable job. The kids in my group were great to work with. Though I do think that I managed to irritate them a bit. *Ahem*
There were ten productions in all and I have stories about most of them. Or at least the people in them. LoL I'd love to tell them all, but you'd get bored and tell me to shut up. If you REALLY want to hear about it, come over and we'll watch the DVD of our performances. ^_^ Mari's running commentary is at your service!
One of the highlights of my week occured on Friday. In addition to recieving a surprise package from a Classics camper (I don't know why it was a surprise, she said she'd send one *winks at Rachael*) I got the "George Washington Award for Leadership." I was informed that I recieved the award by unanimous vote. All the counselors have to vote for the awardee. Does the phrase 'tickled pink' mean anything to you? Because I certainly learned the meaning of it. I was so pleased to recieve the award. It means a lot to me. A leadership award from PHC.... *is pleased and humbled* It really means a lot to me. I hope you don't think I'm blowing my own horn.
Now for ... Drama camp shout outs: *Evil chuckle*
Juli-Ange - Did Carol EVER manage to pronounce your name correctly???
Katie - Just because I had a crush (or three - or five - or however many) last week... WOULD YOU DROP IT ALREADY!?!? *lol*
Evan - I know our scene would not have had anywhere near the amount of enthusiasm it did if you hadn't been Sir Andrew.
Rebekah - Did I spell that right? You and Kyle are so cute together. What has he done to woo you since camp? *wink, chuckle* I had so much fun in your classes/workshops/generally picking your brain. Stay awesome!
James - The first question I think you asked me was "How old are you?" I'm almost as old as you are, kid!
Ryan/Lucky - I want your hat.
Ben - Have I mentioned in the last ten minutes that YOU ROCK!?!?!?
Elizabeth - You're sweet and beautiful. Totally. I almost wanted to cry when I watched the DVD of King Lear.
Caroline - I don't know how you managed to survive being my room mate, but you did! You're one of the coolest people I've ever met. Oh! And tell your brother I said 'hi.' *rofl*
Carol - I'm really glad you got some sleep since Classics. I was convinced that you just wanted to get rid of me the first week. LOLOLOL I have massive amounts of sisterly affection for you! Rock on! *headbangs to loud music* "Mari. Malaria." *sudden silence* ;)
I have so much more to say... but I'm going to shut up now.
I love you all! My time this summer is bordering beyond description. Everyone at Classics, Drama and Debate (no, I didn't forget you- Taylor, Garrett, Matthew, Brianna, Amanda...) made this a summer to remember!
SAB:)
That's all.<3
Sab:)
Just to be spiteful.