
EDIT: This was an hysterical sign in the University of Philadelphia museum of Anthropology and Archaeology. We had a lot of fun looking at the artifacts and learning history througout the week. At least, I did. LoL
(another picture as soon as my compy cooperates)
*staggers in looking a little dazed* But happy! I had a b-l-a-s-t!!! Woo-hoo!!!
I promised to give a run down of my 3 week vacation, so here it is in consecutive posts.
Week 1: Classics camp…
Ok. For starters, Latin is a great language. It’s very similar to English since many of our words come from Latin roots, but it’s different as far as sentence structure goes. If you’re home-schooled, you know what I mean. *wink*
I had a great time at Classics. My instructor was awesome! Have you ever noticed how a good/bad instructor, teaching in/out of his element, makes/breaks a class. “It’s nothing personal. I just don’t like you.” –Dr. Noe (No-ee)
We studied Greek and Roman literature. Homer, Virgil, Cicero, St. Augustine, Sophocles and Plato. Philosophy, history, theology and intellectual discussion/debate… All in one day!!! *throws a party* I’m not sure there’s anything I like quite as much as learning history, figuring out how what they thought made such an impact on their lifestyles and education and comparing it to a Christian perspective. THEN arguing intelligently about it! ^_^
Shout outs: (Let the fun begin again!!!)
Sabrina – How many times do I have to tell you that NOT coming to camp this year was a mistake??? I missed you!
Ducky – I don’t think that I’ll ever watch Finding Nemo quite the same way again. *wink*
Brendan – “What happened last night? I don’t remember anything…” *hiccup*
Carol – I’m really sorry about Classics camp. I promise, I’ve been in recession from my (several) chronic illnesses since my arrival home.
Chandler/Lucifer - "Think about it. 'Thigh'-
estes..."
Now, I KNOW that I missed several people. Give me some time to get my head screwed on straight and try to NOT confuse Classics with Drama. Though Classics was relatively full of Drama. LOL
I love you all. Another post will be forthcoming... I hope.
I missed you! Quiet without me... Hmm. Well... I guess so. It's not like we have massive amounts of time to talk anymore *sob*
Hey!!! I have a cell phone with nighttime minutes! Let me zip you an e-mail and you can call me!!
*boogies to music*
e-mail me or die.
You have any idea how many people remember me by a nickname rather than my own? I'll be like, rachael, aka ducky or diamedes and then they are like Oh Yeah!
your friend -Ducky