Ok, so it's been over a week since my last update. I'm a delinquent, what can I say? Lots of stuff has happened. I have a 95 in my ENG1010 class at Metro. I've started Debate. I had dinner with Abrea. (I love you, girlfriend! "Do you know what would be funny?..." *wink*)
The most memorable, however, is this last Saturday.
Work was a pain in the butt. My coworker was being weird, but I had a good lunch of BK that I got with Sarah. The problem was that I only made $55 dollars for a full day of work, and my friends left early without saying good-bye. *sigh*
ANYway... I called mom on my way home to let her know that I was coming. I was going to stop by Taco Bell and get some dinner, but she suggested I just come home. Pizza has that effect on me! LoL
I drove up and noticed several cars parked down the street. I figured one of the neighbors must be having a party. I walked up to the door, heard mom laughing and calling for Ruth to be obedient. There was a red van that was parked out front, so I guess I just thought that a friend of Mom's was over.
...I came in, took my shoes off, stuck my head around the corner to let Mom know I was home... Lights reflected off of glasses lenses... I turned to turn on the entry hall light and...
"SURPRISE!!!"
Thought 1, running through my head: These people must have the wrong person.
Thought 2, running through my head: These people must have the wrong house.
Thought 3, as I observed lights coming on and friends who abandoned me from work: These people wouldn't be here for anyone else...
Thought 3 1/2: Why are they here?
"Happy Birthday!!!!"
Thought 4: Oh, no!
It was great. I had a blast. It's always nice to reminded that you're loved. Yeah. It was good. Everyone made fun of me, I ran around and gave people hugs, and spiked people's drinks with Pixie Stix. After that, I opened my presents and beat up Jeff Elkins. His present consisted of 6 balls of empty (or nearly empty), wadded newspaper, wrapped sticky-side out. It was a source of great amusement to my friends and I. Talk about a great party game! LoL
When everything had been unwrapped, I got a four line (not exactly rhyming) limmerick. Jeff looked at me and said, "Well, now that you've gotten that open, here's your present." And from his back pocket, he pulled an orange envelope with a great card. "For your birthday, I wanted to bake you a Devil's food cake, but I burned the hell out of it..."
One of my other friends, David, jokingly bowed before him and said, "I am not worthy!"
After cake and presents and pizza, several of my friends had to leave. With the smaller group, it was easier to interact with them. We decided to play hide-and-seek and sardines in my front yard. It was great. Stories inside stories... It's hard to decide which ones to tell.
All in all, I was reminded that my parents love me, my friends love me and I am allowed to love myself. Just so long as I remember that if I start getting a big head, my parents and friends who love me will make sure to deflate it.
You all are awesome. Thanks a million!!!
Im mel le, Vanamellon! You were sooo totally worth being really tired on Sunday.
Sab:)
Sabby, I think you would have had a blast. I know I did!!!
Love to all!
-David