The Asylum
...Musings amid the chaos...
Sunday, August 27, 2006
First week of skool...
So, here I am. The first week of classes was quite interesting. I should really be studying and not posting on my blog. Ah, well. I'm taking five classes and, for the most part, I am really enjoying them. I have: Logic, Theology, Intro to Journalism, (Logic), Intro to US History, Reserch and Writing, and (Logic). I'm not overly enamoured of my Logic course. *shrug* I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles. There's always going to be a few things that aren't quite what I'd like them to be.

OK, beyond academics, I helped my parents move stuff into our rental house yesterday. It took about seven hours, all told. We had six college guys come and help us. Guys, I love you. We headed towards the storage unit about 10am and worked hard from noon to about five-ish. Three storage units empty- yeah!

Then I was brilliant and decided to go swing dancing afterward. I ran through the shower, got dressed, put my makeup on and saved the world between five-thirty and six-forty-five. Go me! As it was, the place where we danced was very nice, but cost THIRTEEN dollars!!!!! I'm a (not exactly) poor college student! I can't dish up $13 once a week to go dancing! Ah, well. The lesson was good. The dancers were very decent and I miss Eric and Vivian and Robin and Cliff and Takashi and Kevin and Lee and, and, and... *sob* But I (mostly) had a blast. I was snubbed by a couple of guys, so that ticked me off. *shrug* I found other, better dancers because of it, so I can't complain too loudly. It's amazing how rusty you get after not dancing for over two months. At the same time, it's amazing just how quickly you remember what you're doing. LoL

Well, I guess that's about it from here. I have to go do Logic

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:
Blogger V. Shay said...
You got to go swing dancing??? I'm jealous! I wish I could have been there even though I don't really know what I'm doing.