The Asylum
...Musings amid the chaos...
Wednesday, January 04, 2006
New Years and beyond...
"Everybody and their mom got an iPod for Christmas..." I just had to steal that line, David. I'm sorry. ^_^
I left it for your post title, though!

So... New Years and its celebrations. I went swing dancing with Robin. There were some really neat pics that were taken. Check out her blog to see what I mean. Some of the pics are of she and I, our partners and us, and other random pictures of interest mostly to Robin and me. LOL

We met at our house around three, got ready to go, went to church at Trinity (talk about an awesome worship service!!!!!), then stopped at a grocery store. Once we were done at the grocery store, we went to the dance. AAAAll the way across town. 0_o

The dance went from 9pm to midnight, when we all drank champange (or sparkling cider) and passed around hugs and kisses and wishes of good fortune in the coming year. Robin and I decided NOT to go to the after party, fully knowing that the purpose of the gathering was to get plastered. Our conclusion was that it wouldn't be much fun watching people get drunk and driving home with them at 2am. All in all, it was a very fun evening and I enjoyed it immensely. Thanks and love to my favorite Robin lady for inviting me and being amiable even though she only had six hours of sleep in a 72 hour period.

Oh! If you're reading this and haven't been invited to go swing dancing this Friday, you are now officially invited. Call me and we'll talk. As it is, I have several people from work coming. I've asked several of my home-school friends to come, as well. I really, REALLY hope that some of them *thinks of one in particular* will come. It would really make my evening.
I guess I should mention that there is a cost involved. $5 for the evening - from 8pm to midnight. There is a free beginners lesson at 8pm. The dance officially starts at 9. *does mock-swing happy dance* Can you tell I'm REALLY looking forward to it?

I'm also pleased because it's my parents' anniversary. 11 years and counting. w00t! *throws confetti* It makes me happy to know that the commitment has lasted this long. *mutters something about being bitter* But not about LuAnn and Greg. I'm very grateful. God has given me a great gift. Sometimes the gift seems like more of a burden, but I guess that's the way it goes with most things.

SO! If you see my parents this week, please wish them a Happy Anniversary!
4 Comments:
Blogger Abrea said...
*sniff* You didn't say anything about hanging out with me. I feel unloved :(

j/k. Im mel le, and you know it!!!

Blogger Aerona said...
*edits post via comment section of the blog*

And I spent the night with one of my dearest friends. I had so much fun with Abrea, that it just made me float and made my outlook on life so much better that I practically forgot... *tries to salvage fallen image*

It was great. I/we stayed up til waaaaay too early and talked about waaaaaaay too many cute guys... *grins*

Better, vanawen? *feels contrite* I really did have a great time. I loved singing until 1am. It really made me happy to spend so much time with you. I hope that you had as much fun as I did. "My ***ness calls out to her."

Blogger sabrina said...
yes. i am so definitely going. haha. i wish we lived closer!!!!!

Sab:)

Blogger Eric said...
you'd better run this post through a truth processor. robin didn't go to the after hours because she said she was tired. so :-P

also i got plastered beforethe after hours party. so :-P squared.

*mumbles empty threat about not dancing with you tonight*