It's hard to believe I've been at MY COLLEGE for five weeks already! I was walking on the sidewalk by the dorms and it hit me again... I'm HERE! I did a little dance and kept walking as some of my fellow students stared at me. :p Go figure.
My classes are good. I have GREAT professors! Did I mention I have great professors? Because I do. I'd have to say my favorite class is US History. It's interesting being in such a large class, though. Heh,heh... "Large." As if 30-some-odd people is "large." Such is the perspective of a sheltered home-schooler. HA!
Logic would have to be a close second, simply because of my professor. I mean, my homework score is around 70%, so it's not like I have the excuse of "Oh, you are just getting good grades." No, no. It's simply that my Logic professor has the greatest wit I have seen in a long time. It's great!
A close third is my Jouralism class. My J-Prof is Canadian. I think that's awesome. Canadian! Oh, Canadia... LoL He is a very good teacher. Clear, concise, with a great sense of humor. I love professors who can take a joke as well as tell one.
Theology and Research & Writing take the bottom of the totem pole. I love my theology professor, he reminds me SO much of Mark Lowry it is uncanny, but the study bugs me. I've taken theology of sorts before, and this is like nothing I have seen before. The theology is about the same, however, the presentation is radically different. Honestly, there's just not much to say about R&W... I only have it once a week.
In other news: I am already making an impression here on campus. Even if I don't know people, it is quite usual for them to say 'hi' to me as I walk by. It's somewhat unnerving. *shrug* Oh, well. :) I have successfully avoided entangling myself in a relationship on campus, though I may have reeeeeally screwed it up with one guy (Arg, methinks ye know who ye are... I also think I owe you an apology. If you're willing to hear it, will you e-mail me?).
It's tough being at school and away from family for the first time. It's especially difficult because my emotional needs don't get met well. The gals around here are more than willing to lend an ear and give some chocolate, but- well- it's a really conservative school, so I don't feel comfortable saying what I think and feeling what I feel. The problem then becomes that I look to other things to meet my needs. It's very selfish of me, really.
Such is life. New challenges, new friends, new education... New everything.
Labels: angst, school
It's funny, you have canadian teachers and i have american ones!
Anyways, i miss you tons!
Are you going to Chicago for the 'reunion'?
Thank you.
*puss-in-boots expression*
you're not overly upset with me, are you?
sound good?
<3 Sab