I have officially decided that, while I enjoy my journalism class, I'm certainly not cut out to be a journalist. I took the class in order to gain some experience and some personal edification. My anticipation was that it's going to serve me well down the road, so it's not like taking this class is a waste of time and resources. As it is, things are going downhill a little more than I would like. I had a paper due this morning. I stayed up until 3am trying to finish this paper. The paper is not yet finished and I feel like an idiot.
Oh, well! Such is life. I'm going to finish this paper, submit it, and take whatever grade I'm given.
On a lighter note, have I mentioned that I go a supporting lead in our school musical? I think I did. I hope I did. It's not like it's one of the highlights of my semester. I'm playing Miss Pross from "A Tale of Two Cities." The musical is not well known at all, but it's going to be very good, I'm sure. Our director is a terrific woman. She has everything well in hand.
My part is relatively small. I don't sing and I have maybe two dozen lines, but I get to kill someone in the end! Actually, I get to kill the chick who got the part I wanted. Er- kill the part I wanted played by the chick who got it. Um, yeah. Never mind.
Labels: drama, journalism, musicals, school