The Asylum
...Musings amid the chaos...
Friday, April 06, 2007
So there I was...
So there I was, minding my own business, when:

I get this e-mail about a story-board meeting. Apparently there's this guy in the local area (15 minutes from campus), and he's going to make a film comparable to Facing the Giants. Now, this is cool enough, but I got to make comments on the story board. I got to take notes. I get to be involved in this process from before the script is even written. Can I tell you just HOW COOL this is!?

The director/producer guy has asked me to write up a press release. Like, a REAL press release. Can I tell you just how GOOD that's going to look on a resume!? AND he has mentioned helping him write and revise the script over the summer. AND it looks like my offer to help on the publicity/PR side of things may be accepted. Can I tell you just how AMAZING this could be!?

The only damper on my enthusiasm is my belief that I may be in the area only until next fall. I have some serious misgivings about my college, and I am looking at transferring to a college in Michigan. I know, I know. "Michigan??" Yeah. Michigan. Go figure. I have a friend there, and I'll be talking to him over the next couple of days, since I have a break for Easter. My mom says that he decided not to attend my college because his family had concerns about it. I'm hoping he'll be willing to fess up and help me figure out just what I need/want to do.

There are kinks in this plan. Once upon a time, I was eligible for a 75% scholarship. Since my family has moved, I'm not sure that this is the case. Once upon a time, I was eligible for a 75% scholarship to my college. I'm not sure that is the case any longer. Once upon a time, I honestly thought that I knew what the next ten years of my life looked like. AAAAAAND now, I'm not so sure at all.

God has it under control. I have to remind myself of that. Just because I don't know what the heck is going on, doesn't mean that the world is falling apart. It only seems like it.

God. Yeah. Him. A pretty neat guy, all things considered. I wonder why it is that I don't spend much time with Him. Everyone on campus seems to like Him. I mean, it's not like we can't stand each other, but I don't know Him as well as I would like. He's a nice enough person- perfect, even. But talking with Him makes me feel... Well, He makes me feel loved, appreciated, and accepted. I think that's the problem. I keep waiting for the other shoe to fall. It's hard to get close to people, because I'm always waiting for someone to stab me in the back.

It's not a good way to live. Especially when it's obvious God wouldn't do that to me. I mean, honestly, I know I can trust Him. I really do! But putting that knowledge into action is much easier said than done.

On a slightly less personal note, I've fallen in love. Yes, I know. "It's a miracle!" But really, it's not that surprising. It's not my fault that musicals are the key to my heart. I have discovered- Newsies. And I'm in love. The music is amazing. It's a boy's dream musical. Beat people up, work for a cause, fraternity up to your ears, and get the girl in the end. Geez, what more could a guy ask for??? My brothers are going to be inflicted with this show over the weekend. I WILL convert them into musical-holics.

Had a fun evening of improv. For those of you people who know next to nothing about drama, "Improv" is "Improvisation." We played a game called "Freeze," where two people act out a scenario, and when someone shouts "freeze!" they trade places with one of the actors and assume their position. "P.O.W." is a game I learned in Canada, and we played that as well. "P.O.W." stands for Place, Occupation, Weapon. We played the "Dating Game," where there is a panel of bachelor/ettes and a single person who has to guess each bachelor/ette's vocation without asking "What's your vocation?" That was an interesting game. I don't like it. It requires too much thought. LOL

So. It's late. 2am is late for me. Amazing, isn't it? Yeah. So. Yeah. *end exponential digressions*

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:
Blogger Eric said...
i've done two of the three improv games myself.

i was jealous for a second there.

Blogger Eric said...
wait a second, i just reread this post and it said at the top

So there I was, minding my own business, when

when has that ever happened before?

Blogger sabrina said...
HI MARI!!!!! i got my blog back lol, because i couldn't live without it. it was driving me crazy. hahaha. I MISS YOU. what's this about michigan??? we need to talk and catch up...

♥Sab

Anonymous Anonymous said...
So there I was minding my own business when all of a sudden...sounds like a BJ story if you ask me! *gasp* has she infected you too?!?! Call in the EMTs!