The Asylum
...Musings amid the chaos...
Monday, November 05, 2007
Sigh...
I can't wait until I'm done with school. I have two weeks until Thanksgiving break. Surviving those two weeks is going to be hell. I have a paper due on Wednesday, a moot court brief due on Thursday, and an intramural moot court tournament over Friday and Saturday. Now, this would not be a big problem, except that moot court requires a solid knowledge of a number of Supreme Court cases. That knowledge wouldn't be a problem, either, but I have done nothing with moot court until today. My brief is due on Thursday and I have to argue it competitively on Friday.

Would someone please explain to me why I decided to come to this school? And more immediately, could someone please explain to my why I decided to participate in the intramural moot court tournament? I am only going to make a fool of myself and my partner.

On a happier note, I spent the weekend off campus. My life can continue because I have a friend off campus who is willing to put up with me for a weekend. I had so much fun. We lost ourselves in the swirling vortex that is Neverwinter Nights, studied for hours at Starbucks, ate mall-Chinese food, watched part of The Pianist, made food, and tried to burn the house down. "How" you ask? Well, the heating element in the electrical stove somehow caught fire. The flame was not large, but enough to scare us. I threw some flour on it, hoping to smother the flame, but the electrical current kept flowing and the flour only smoldered. It wasn't a very happy thing at the time, but it makes for a great story. We laugh about it now....

Labels: , , , ,