I really don't have time to blog, so I am posting anyway.
My week has been about as good as I expected. I had my first moot court round this afternoon (rather than the extra day I was expecting), and I have a second one tomorrow. The round today did not go very well. I am still alive, as is my partner, and neither of us made utter fools of ourselves. Life does not get much better than that at this point. Oh, wait! I still have to write my oral arguments for my round tomorrow.
My brief is now officially late. I am going to try desperately to submit it by midnight tomorrow. There goes my weekend.
I don't know what has happened to my time. On some days, a minute takes forever. On other days, the hours go by so fast I wonder what happened. Today was one of the latter days. Tomorrow is going to be like that, too.
I'm going to get up in the morning and be out the door by 9am to help corral small children. I get the kids ages 4-7, which is actually quite fun. Last time I helped out, Caleb (4) brought me flowers on multiple occasions. The little girls in my group had picked bouquets and were toting them around, so he brought me flowers. I cannot tell you how endearing that was or how special I felt. I love little boys. They make me very happy. Of course, the flowers were picked without a stem, so I had to keep them in my pocket. And in my hair. And then he wanted one in his hair, but it wouldn't stay and he was disappointed.
Wow. I get happy tears just thinking about it.
Working with the kids tomorrow is going to be a little difficult, though. My group is largely composed of little boys, which is great, but it gets kinda loud and rowdy. I got chastised in an e-mail that the lady in charge sent out to her helpers. I was very upset about that. It would not bother me so much if I had felt that things did not go well, but I was very pleased with my morning. I did things the way she suggested--group playtime, outside playtime, snack time, movie time. And I still got chastised where everyone could see it.
Anyway, after I get back from that at noon, I need to get ready for my class at 2pm and my moot court round at 3pm.
I'm so tired. I just want to sleep. I can't find any motivation to do anything. I have barely started my arguments for moot court. I won't have time to rehearse them tomorrow between everything, nor do I really have the necessary understanding to support the arguments I have to present tomorrow. I just have to speak for ten minutes, and then it will all be over. I don't have to do it again. My brief is less than half done. I have two papers to write next week.
God, I know I haven't talked with you in a while. I also know that I've asked you to mostly step aside and let me take care of things, so I'm grateful that you're so considerate. Would you be willing to maybe grant me just a little grace and fortitude? Just enough for tomorrow.
Labels: angst, little boys, Procrastination, school